Indiatree supports and encourages ideas, services, and tools that use and supplement Indiatree’s services. At the same time, we are serious about protecting our reputation, our trademarks and our brand identity. This Trademark Policy explains how to refer to Indiatree, our marks or our services.
A trademark is a word, name, symbol or device (or a combination of those items) that identifies the goods or services of a person or company and distinguishes them from the goods and services of others. The word “Indiatree” and other Indiatree graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names (together, the “Indiatree Marks”) are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of Indiatree, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Why must Indiatree protect the Indiatree Marks? Indiatree must be to able assure Internet users and others that only the services offered, sponsored, or endorsed by Indiatree actually bear the Indiatree Marks. Trademark law requires that we not only protect against improper use of the Indiatree Marks, but also protect against the use of confusingly similar marks.
Using the Indiatree Marks
Here are our rules for using the Indiatree Marks:
We support and encourage using the Indiatree Marks in the following ways:
- Make fair use of Indiatree’s Marks. Indiatree supports free speech and you do not need permission to make legitimate commentary about Indiatree, the company or Indiatree’s services. For example, if you sell on Indiatree, it’s fine to let people know that.
- Distinguish the Indiatree Marks from surrounding text by, for example, capitalising the first letter of the Indiatree Marks.
- Spell the Indiatree Marks properly.
We do not permit the following uses of the Indiatree Marks:
- Incorporating the Indiatree Marks or a confusingly similar mark into, for example, the name of your business, organisation, non-profit organisation, event or trademark.
- Removing, altering, distorting or modifying the Indiatree Marks, including adding other terms to the Indiatree Marks to create new words.
- Using the Indiatree Marks or a confusingly similar mark in a way that falsely implies a relationship or affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement by Indiatree, Inc. or that can be reasonably interpreted to suggest information comes from, or represents the views or opinions of Indiatree, Inc. or an Indiatree employee.
- Using the Indiatree Marks in a product unless we’ve given you our permission in writing.
- Using any trademarks, service marks, trade dress, designs or logos that are confusingly similar to the Indiatree Marks or the look and feel of the Indiatree website.
- Using the Indiatree Marks in any way or on any website that contains or promotes adult content, gambling or otherwise violates applicable law or regulation.
- Using the Indiatree Marks in a manner that is in Indiatree’s sole opinion misleading, unfair, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging, tarnishing, obscene or otherwise objectionable to Indiatree.